Tuesday, June 15, 2010

An Ocean of Favorites

 Ocean Depths Bracelet
 The beads and colors of this bracelet remind me of the ocean. The sea is one of my favorite themes and colors to work around! I can just imagine the sunlight filtering through the blue waters and a school of silver fish swimming among a forest of kelp.

I made time for a little beading session over the weekend. It ended up being a work of favorites!  I pulled out these African recycled glass beads from my stash. These have become a  favorite as of late. I got them at a local bead shop. I love the color, the matte finish and the organic shape of them. They remind me of sea glass, which I just LOVE!!! I want to start adding some of my favorite art beads to my work, so I pulled out this Round Rabbit ceramic button that I've been hording...err... holding onto for a while. :) Nancy of Round Rabbit has been a favorite ceramic artist and jewelry designer for a long time! The blue and green button compliment the beads so well! Another all-time favorite is Hill Tribe Silver! I'm absolutely in love with Thai silver! I wire-wrapped a few silver tube beads with seed bead accents for the dangles. Then, I hand knotted everything up onto some matching blue and green waxed linen cord, of course another favorite material that I love to work with!!!

8 comments:

  1. so serene and peaceful... i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, Erin! My favorite colors. I adore your necklace in the new Stringing mag. Can't wait to see more goodness from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a lovely start to your new jewelry ventures. I can see you setting out on a sea of discovery. And if it makes you feel any better I am setting out to stop my hoarding tendencies, too.

    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great soft colours and the Round Rabbit piece ties all of together so nicely. It makes me feel calm just looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the recycled glass and the cording. Very organic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful, Erin - stunning colour combination!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful bracelet, Erin! You really do have a fresh voice when it comes to jewelry design. I can't wait to see all the new things you will create!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting fact silver made in Thailand is only made in villages outside of the main cities by Hilltribe families. Most patterns have been in there family for many years and can only be made by large order. There are no stores or one central place to purchase Hilltribe silver in variety other than from the large wholesale shops in the city. Mondays and Fridays are the days families will bring their goods to the main shops for sale and to pick up new orders. A trip to a silver village is a real eye opener to see how families work together to make beautiful silver pieces of art. All Handmade.
    www.oriental-catalog.com

    ReplyDelete

I live for comments! Please do share your thoughts...