Saturday, January 15, 2011

Waxed Linen Jewelry

Well, I know it's been a little quiet around here, especially on the jewelry front! I did manage to make a few new pieces recently. Of course, they are created with my favorite material, waxed linen cord!

 Linen Blossom
This first necklace is a delicate piece with green agate rounds and new jade wire-wrapped dangles braided into the waxed line cord for the necklace. The pendant is an Earthenwood Studio flower bead with wrapped dangles of green agate, new jade and carnelian. The closure is also an Earthenwood bead.
 Night Magic
This next piece is a fun multi-strand bracelet! Eight strands of blue waxed linen cord beaded with hues of blue seed beads. The cool button closure is from Green Girl Studios. I used an easy technique to create the button loop that I will be sharing in the upcoming book! I hope you will be looking forward to it!

9 comments:

  1. Both pieces are so pretty, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are both beautiful pieces..love that green and your use of the seedbeads is really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I love the natural earthy look of waxed linen. Thx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each one is just gorgeous. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both so beautiful, love your techniques, looking forward to the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to get my copy of your book, Miss Erin! That waxed linen always looks so cool in your capable hands and I would like to learn how to use it properly!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  7. How interesting, thats how I make my jewelry , with fibre, so I am excited to see this book www.sydnejo.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Erin,
    Could you tell me which book your loop technique for the Night Magic bracelet is in? I would really like to purchase it. I absolutely love your work!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy,

      The button loop technique is in Bohemian-Inspired Jewelry. Thanks for your interest! Here's a link to the book on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Bohemian-Inspired-Jewelry-Designs-Leather-Ribbon/dp/1596684984

      Delete

I live for comments! Please do share your thoughts...