Thursday, August 11, 2011

Bead Soup and August Happenings

A special THANK YOU goes out to Lori Anderson for hosting another amazing Bead Soup Blog Party! It gets bigger and better every time. It's an honor to be apart of this renowned event. Here's a sneak-peek teaser of the bead soup I sent my partner, Anna Sabina of Total Escape Clay Studio. She is a polymer clay bead artist and I can't wait to see what she sends along.

And now, here's a list of a few beady events coming up in the month of August:

Tuesday, August 16th - Michelle Mach's Mostly Metal Challenge -
 I'm participating! I can't wait to see what the other participants made with Michelle's mostly metal bead kits! I choose the Gunmetal Love kit. I'm pretty excited about the jewelry I made for this, so be sure to stop by my blog on Tuesday to see what I created.

Friday-Sunday, August 19th-21st - BEAD FEST Philadelphia -
I'm finally going this year!!! I'm so super excited! I'm mostly looking forward to seeing all my beady friends there. What was that, you said?...What about all the beads lying around? Ah, well...those are a nice bonus, too ;0 Can't wait to see my friend and co-author, Lorelei and Nancy and Kelley, too. I'll be meeting TONS of new beady friends from the beading and blogging community that I've been wanting to meet for years. I. CAN. NOT. WAIT. Are you going? Will I see you there? Please let me know if you will be there, I would love say Hi.

Saturday, August 27th - Lorelei's Shadow Box Challenge -
I missed out on this one, but I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone does with those enameled boxes from C-Koop Beads.


Monday, August 29th - Andrew Thornton's August Reader's Challenge -
Geesh, another one I missed this time. I'm excited to see the results from the ones that did participate, though. It's always fun to see what others create. I like Andrew's idea of creating bead kits for the challenges. It's always interesting to see different ideas come to life from the same components. I really enjoy having a limited pool of materials to work with. Sometimes that makes it much easier to be creative. I will be on the look out for Andrew's September challenge kits to participate next month!

9 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see you at bead Fest! Dinner is going to be sooooo fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be at Bead Fest as well...can't wait to meet you and little NORA!! It is going to be a BLAST!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really excited about the Bead Soup exchange. I love the pixelated photo and can tell I am going to love the colors. Will be getting your package sent this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I can't wait for my beads either. Vicky is such a wonderful polymer artist as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) that picture looks like it is all faceted jewels NICE and I cant wait to see what You make with the soup You get!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited for the Bead Soup Blog Party too.

    And, for all the other challenges, etc. you mention - so many wonderful things to do,...so little time, eh?!

    Enjoy Bead Fest - if it's anything like Tucson each February, then it's gonna be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy the Bead Fest! I'm sure you'll have a great time! Thanks for filling us in with the cute little challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be there...so excited to meet you and so many beady friends!

    ReplyDelete

I live for comments! Please do share your thoughts...